Click a photo to go to the page of your choice:
Sand Creek Farm is a family farm nestled in the rolling hills of Milam County, TX. We believe in fresh, wholesome, nutrient dense, quality foods.
Our milk is 100% Grass Fed only, no grains at all, not even at milking time. We also test our cows for leukemia, bovine viral diarrhea, tuberculosis, brucellosis and Johnes when we purchase them; then we maintain a closed herd so that no exposure will occur. We are one of a few dairies that provide this across the country.
Our herd is 99.982% A2/A2; we have one 2004, 3 teeted cow, that has one A1 gene.
We offer many wholesome products for sale at our farm, become a member of the farm to see our current inventory in the member only Farmigo software. Members receive discounts on many of the items we offer for sale, are included in bulk buy opportunities, and have first access to all of our food when supplies are limited.
Walk in customers are welcome, order in the store above. Please do not just drive up to the farm as there may not be anyone to help you. The phone in the store is forwarded to the Farmer's phone, he may be away from the farm for food deliveries but you may leave a message. No one working on the farm will know you are calling from the front gate. Please do not go into our store and take food and leave an IOU - this is not acceptable.
Teaching/Training Tours are $50/hour/person by appointment
Student Tours/Group Camping depend on the size of the group and the age of the students, min fee is $150.00. We encourage the Boy Scout / Girl Scout Troops to utilize our farm for earning their badges with a work project and a night of camping. You can rough it or we can schedule one of the farm stay cabins to have a bathroom open for use.
A Farm Membership cost $25.00 and is good as only as you keep a reoccurring order for products.
If you desire to place orders only as needed, please use the guest shopping system as a guest or put yourself in a group with a paid driver in the guest shopping system.
Sand Creek Farm is excited to provide healthy food to your business or family. The products we offer come from our farm or other family farms that we select for their high standards. Everything we offer to your family is also what our family eats. In fact, that is how we became farmers. We wanted healthy foods, free of chemicals, free of antibiotics, free of hormones, free of GMO's, free of soy, and full of nutrients. We could not find farmers providing the kinds of foods we wanted so we bought a farm, moved out of the city and started growing and producing our own. After 2 years of "hobby" farming we moved to our current farm of 169 acres in 2006 with 20 families to feed. In 2009 we closed down our business of 15 years in Bryan, TX, our "real job" in the city, and became full time farmers. We have now been farming for ~10 years and feed ~150 families per week. Having made the journey from "City Folks" to "Country Folks" - let us tell you, if we can do it, anyone can do it! We are now lifetime farmers and would not have it any other way.
Our food being full of nutrients is the first and utmost importance to us; it completely changes how one farms. In fact, the biology in the soil is where you begin when you farm for nutrient rich foods. Did you know that microorganisms create a slime on the root of a plant that is the transfer medium for the nutrition from the soil to the plant? Did you know that when a person sprays chemical fertilizers on their pastures that it kills their microorganisms? Then one has to spray more and more, such a needless downward spiral, and then...the dust bowl comes again! One must manage their soil to the soil's best potential. Why?
The plant grows, the animal consumes the plant, then we consume the animal, or the animal's by-product such as milk or eggs or the vegetable grown in the soil. This requires careful husbandry of the soil, careful administration of missing nutrients due to the natural leaching of the sandy loam soil, or the use of those nutrients as they are removed by the plants that the farmer plans to harvest for human or animal consumption. This means finding lime, soft rock phosphates, healthy composted manures. It also means rotational grazing of livestock, rotational planting of nitrogen fixing cover crops, and rotational cropping vegetables to decrease bug infestation in plants of the same family and the draw of nutrition from the land in the same spot. A farmer must tend his land or his land will become deplete. Careful attending to detail, planting guides created just for that one farm, care and concern for that which the Lord has provided to bless us. We find that we are soil and grass farmers more than any other kind of a farmer because everything we eat starts with the health of the soil. The art of farming is a beautiful symphony of attention to detail and timing.
We offer a diverse assortment of healthy foods:
- Milk from rotationally grazed, grass fed only cows from our healthy disease free cows
- Farmstead Cheeses made here on the farm from our grass fed milk
- Grass Fed Beef: by the piece, half, quarter, or whole. We offer fully mature grass fed beef from Farmer Chad, a dedicated grass only farmer, utilizing organically managed and irrigated pastures in Mason, TX.
- We also offer the fatted calf 'Rose Beef' by custom order only. These calves are 5-6 months old, 450-600 lbs, still nursing on our grass fed dariy cattle Momma cows and they are processed on weaning day. The cost is ~$30/lb (~$4,500 for 150 lbs of meat). This meat is for those with determination for the BEST.
- Eggs: Pastured, soy free, GMO free raised by several of our farmer friends, we all keep flocks a bit larger than what we need and all the extras end up here. Raising pastured poultry is not an easy chore and in the summer and winter we find the flocks slack off their production. We are greatful to each and every one of our friends that provide awesome pastured soy free, gmo free eggs to the farm store.
- Pork: Pastured, soy free, GMO free by the piece, halves or whole. You pay the farm a deposit for a 300 lb hog, we help you fill out the cut sheet, we deliver the hog to the processor and we settle up either direction on the price after it is weighed. You pick up the packaged meat at the processor and pay the processor for the processing directly. We like Taylor Meat in Taylor, TX - feel free to contact them directly for processing questions or specifics of what types of specialty processing they can do for you.
- Grains: Organic and grown in the USA and offered about one time per year in a bulk buy for a discounted price.
- Dried Blueberries: Organic, sugar free, grown in the USA are offered one time per year in a bulk buy for a discounted price and some are stocked in the store for a short time afterwards.
- Vegetables: grown using organic methods on our farm and some of our other farmer friend's farms.
- Maple, Grade B: produced in VT by farmers maintaining organically managed "sugar bushes" is offered once or twice a year in a bulk buy for a discounted price and also stocked in the farm store.
- Honey, Raw and local, within 30 miles from our farm. Our beekeeper uses NO antibiotics, does NOT feed corn syrup, and DOES utilize essential oils in his beekeeping practices. Bulk buys are offered throughout the year with discounted case prices as well as by the each in the farm store.
We offer other unique bulk buys throughout the year with discounted prices on items and saving on shipping charges .... maple, dried fruits, teas and spices, grains, cereals, flours, gourmet salts, salmon and more.
Sand Creek Farm * 1552 CR 267 * Cameron, TX 76520
google map us "Sand Creek Farm and Dairy, Cameron, TX"
Information: email us (fastest way to reach someone at the farm)