Sand Creek Farm is pleased to provide local, healthy food for your family or business. The products we offer come from our farm or other family farms that we select for their high standards. Everything we offer to your family is also what our family eats.
We became Farmers because we wanted healthy foods for our family. We wanted foods free of chemicals, free of antibiotics, free of hormones, free of GMO's, free of soy (http://www.westonaprice.org/soy-alert/), and full of nutrients.
We could not find farmers providing the kinds of foods we wanted so we bought a farm, moved out of the city and started growing and producing our own food.
After 2 years of "hobby" farming we moved to our current farm of 169 acres in 2006 with 20 families to feed.
In 2009 we closed down our business of 15 years in Bryan, TX, our "real job" in the city, and became full time farmers. We have now been farming for ~11 years and feed ~150 families per week. Having made the journey from "City Folks" to "Country Folks" - let us tell you, if we can do it, anyone can do it!
Click a button to go to the page of your choice:
We offer a diverse assortment of healthy foods:
- Raw Milk from rotationally grazed, grass fed only cows from our healthy disease free cows
- Farmstead Cheese made here on the farm from our grass fed milk
- Grass Fed Beef: by the piece, half, quarter, or whole. We offer fully mature grass fed beef from Farmer Chad, a dedicated grass only farmer, utilizing organically managed and irrigated pastures in Mason, TX
- http://www.eatwild.com/healthbenefits.htm, http://www.americangrassfedbeef.com/grass-fed-natural-beef.asp, http://foodrevolution.org/blog/the-truth-about-grassfed-beef/, http://www.mercola.com/beef/healthbenefits.htm,
- Eggs: Pastured, soy free, GMO free raised by several of our farmer friends, we all keep flocks a bit larger than what we need and all the extras come to our store. Raising pastured poultry is not an easy chore and in the summer and winter we find the flocks slack off their production. We are grateful to each and every one of our friends that provide awesome pastured soy free, gmo free eggs to the farm store.
- Chicken: Pastured, soy free, GMO free
- Pork: Pastured, soy free, GMO free by the piece, halves or whole. You pay the farm a deposit for a 300 lb hog, we help you fill out the cut sheet, we deliver the hog to the processor and we settle up either direction on the price after it is weighed. You pick up the packaged meat at the processor and pay the processor for the processing directly. We like Taylor Meat in Taylor, TX - feel free to contact them directly for processing questions or specifics of what types of specialty processing they can do for you.
- Vegetables: grown using organic(non-certified) methods on our farm and some of our other farmer friend's farms.
- Maple Syrup, Grade "Commercial" certified organic - thick, rich and robust!
- Honey, Raw and local, within 30 miles from our farm. Our beekeeper uses NO antibiotics, does NOT feed corn syrup, and DOES utilize essential oils in his beekeeping practices. Bulk buys are offered throughout the year with discounted case prices as well as by the each in the farm store.
We offer other unique bulk buys throughout the year with discounted prices on items and saving on shipping charges .... maple, dried fruits, teas and spices, grains, cereals, flours, gourmet salts, salmon and more.
Sand Creek Farm * 1552 CR 267 * Cameron, TX 76520
google map us "Sand Creek Farm and Dairy, Cameron, TX"
Information: email us (fastest way to reach someone at the farm)